Forward Global Women fosters the development of peacemakers by bringing together women leaders and activists from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region to share knowledge and grow skills that help advance and facilitate sustainable peace, security and co-existence for the well being of all.
Our Core Values:
* We believe the meaningful participation of women in all stages of the peace process is imperative to achieving sustainable peace.
* We believe that non-violent movements are the most effective way to push the peace process forward.
* We believe empathy is critical to achieving a just peace in the MENA region and that providing opportunities for women to share ideas, experiences and narratives will promote understanding.
* We believe that educating women and girls is the key to educating families and communities.
* We believe in the development of women as leaders and that having more women in leadership will further the pursuit of peace in the region and bring positive change to the MENA countries.
1. To create a space for women from the MENA (Middle East/North Africa) Region and the US to have an inspiring convening of connections, conversations and relationship-building through a dialogical engagement with old and new paradigms.
2. To transform conflict into more sustainable, peaceful relationships that are based upon principles of justice and equality to build support networks that cross geographic, political and cultural boundaries.
3. To facilitate new understandings of political and social problems through the lens of women leaders and to pursue potential solutions for which no answers or pathway currently exist.
“When women participate in peace processes, they focus discussion on issues like human rights, justice, national reconciliation, and economic renewal that are critical to making peace, but often are overlooked in formal negotiations. They build coalitions across ethnic and sectarian lines, and they speak up for other marginalized groups. They act as mediators and help us to foster compromise.”Hillary Clinton